Monday, August 22, 2005

Well Brewed


I thought I’d offer an explanation of my blog’s title. Recently, I have become aware of the fact that I do not function properly until I’ve had a cup of morning coffee. I don’t know how this started. I suspect the most likely source of my need for am java is the desire to create a new ritual to replace sitting down at my desk in the office and logging on to check email. That was my morning ritual for five years, and perhaps when I quit work to stay home with my baby full-time I subconsciously had a need to develop a substitute routine. Or maybe I just finally joined the 90% of Americans who have an addiction to caffeine. I even have a favorite coffee mug (see photo) that I “borrowed” from a Courtyard by Marriott during one of my business trips. It’s the little things, really.

Anyway, I thought a blog would be a good way to keep in touch with family and friends who live far away, and I figured it would be easy for me to post occasionally, especially after I’ve had my morning coffee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually this could be an inherited trait from either of your grandmothers or mother.

Colleen S. said...

Ever since you all came to visit me, I need a morning coffee. I had not had coffee in so long. That was how it was before pregnancy when I was workin'