Wednesday, November 23, 2005

"I'd be a dog, because they get to stay inside and get on the couch."



I should have added "My Name is Earl" to my list of favorite things. Aside from "Arrested Development", which appears to be all but defunct now, "Earl" is the only show on tv right now that makes me laugh out loud. The title of this post was Earl's response last night to his brother Randy's question, "If you could be any animal in the world, what would you be?". And why not a cat? As Earl explained, because he's allergic to cats and he wouldn't want to go around making himself sneeze all the time. Genius.

Maybe being from the South makes this show just a little funnier because I have known (and am possibly related to) some people who would actually do or say some of the things shown on "Earl". I hope this show sticks around for awhile, because it seems like the shows I really enjoy always seem to get cancelled too soon. And I love the theme of the show, that if you "Do good things and good things will happen to you. Do bad things and it will come back and bite you in the ass. " I'll leave off with some of my other favorite lines from the show:

"Never underestimate the power of confidence. And never underestimate fifteen beers, a little enlightenment, and the power of Rob Base and DJ Easy Rock. "

"Whether picking up trash, returning stolen merchandise, or helping a homosexual find love, it always has the same reward… feeling good about yourself. "

Joy - "There is nothing in the Bible that says people have a right to learn stuff. I have read it."

"Quittin' smokin' is kinda like going to prison. If you can get through the first three days, you got a fighting chance. First we tried the tapes, then we tried the patches. Someone told us to try carrot sticks as a subsitute, but we couldn't get the damn things to light. "

"To some people, a free beer might not mean too much. But for a guy who just lost his last 12 dollars and is stuffin' free nuts in his pocket,...it's a life saver."

And my all time favorite so far:

Earl: "Yah, but that dress has a stain on it." Joy: "It's OK, that's where I'm gonna' Bedazzle my initials!"

No comments: