Thursday, June 29, 2006

Mama's Got a Brand New Bag



After two years of lugging around baby gear, the diaper bag I bought before Casey was born was starting to look a little worse for the wear. And although I loved it when I bought it (black microfiber Nine West - looks like a Kate Spade) I have come to find it awkward to carry and I'm just plain tired of the plain black bag. So I have been looking for a replacement but haven't found anything that fits the bill, so I decided to take matters into my own hands. I made this bag myself and I'm in love with it. I can carry it across my shoulders so it doesn't swing around and slap me in the face while I'm trying to get kids out of the car, and it has a bunch of internal pockets to keep all our junk organized. Plus, it even has a little pocket on the strap for my cell phone so I can actually answer it when someone calls rather than spending 5 minutes digging around in the dark recesses of my bag to locate it. Now I'm having to fight the urge to make one in every color.

4 comments:

Christa said...

Stop fighting the urge and make me one!

Monnica said...

Soooo cute! How do I place my order :)

Jen said...

If you ladies are serious, let me know and we'll figure out fabric, etc. I have a few projects in the cue but could get to them shortly. All you'd owe me are the cost to make and a beer after I give birth to #2!

Colleen S. said...

I need one as well. How much you want!