Monday, March 17, 2008

Funny Kid


If "the first cut is the deepest", then perhaps it should be said that "the second cut is the crappiest". Poor Connor. We took the boys on Saturday to get haircuts, and with an hour & a half combined sleep the night prior between the two of us, we were not on our "A" game. Which I guess explains why we both sat there slack-jawed as the hair dresser continued to chop away at his little head like she was auditioning for some local production of "Sweeney Todd". Connor has a beautiful, enviably thick head of hair, and you have to be careful to not take too much off the top or as a result he will end up looking like an extra from a Flock of Seagulls video. I assure you that this photo is no exaggeration, this is not bed-head. It sticks up all over the top of his head like this all the time, and because the rest of his hair is laying flat almost looks as if he is wearing a bad toupee. Fortunately, his hair grows fast and so this 'do will not last long, and in the meantime we kinda' feel like it fits him, much like the chipped front tooth he acquired falling in the bathtub the night before I had Riley. He does drive us all nuts with his antics, but he also has me doubled over in laughter on a daily basis. He's just a funny kid. And now he's a funny kid with a (temporarily) funny haircut.

2 comments:

Graydon said...

Your family stories keep me very entertained. This update had me in stiches. No matter his haircut, Connor is adorable. Hope all is going well and that you are setteling into a rotuine. Miss you!!!

Christa said...

I almost peed my pants. I can't stop laughing!