Friday, July 11, 2008

Brothers

The lovefest between the boys and Riley continues, and they really dote on their little sister. Casey loves to make her smile, and is so proud of himself when she does ("Mommy! The baby smiled at me!!!"). Even Connor, who was slow to warm up to her, likes to help out with her, and hates when she cries ("Bebe cry, Momma!").
We've all been pitching in on the effort to get her to take a bottle, and it's been a battle. It seems like she wants to drink from the bottle, but for some reason can't get the hang of it, gets frustrated, and pushes it away. I feel sorry for her, she has developed no ability to self-soothe, and nursing is the only way to calm her when she's upset. I tried to let her "cry-it-out" a few times to get her to sleep, and she just cries and cries. When I go to retrieve her, she has tears running down her little cheeks and it breaks my heart. I don't think I have the emotional fortitude to try "Tough Love" with her, as has been suggested by the pediatrician and others. This being said, I am desperate for a little "me" time, and at this rate she might be in college before I get any.

No comments: