Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Deep Breath

A deep breath is what I'm taking this week after a very busy weekend. First, we celebrated Connor's 2nd birthday. Quite appropriately (since we suspect Connor to be part simian), it was a monkey themed party, and I made banana cupcakes with dark chocolate icing to match the theme. I learned that if you are going to serve banana cupcakes at a birthday party, you should clearly identify them as such. The general consensus was that they were delicious, but the first bite was quite a surprise to those expecting traditional yellow cake (sorry, Dad!). Connor had a great birthday and he really enjoyed the cupcakes (or at least the icing on top).
Then, on Sunday we had Riley baptised. It was a really beautiful ceremony, and of the four babies baptised with us, Riley was the only one to be immersed. I don't think I'll ever forget the moment that Fr. Ted dipped her in the water and brought her back up - it was almost like watching her being born again. We had four generations on Rob's side there to celebrate with us, which made it all the more special.
It was a really wonderful weekend, but I am very relieved to have things slow down here for a week so that I can catch my breath before we get into another busy fall.

No comments: