Friday, April 22, 2011

Springing

This has been the longest winter EVER. I know I say that every year, but I'm sitting at the end of another long week with temperatures in the 40s & 50s and gray skies every day, and I'm beginning to wonder if spring will ever get here. Maybe we'll be skipping spring this year and moving right on into summer, which I hate but if it means I can park my Uggs in the closet for 5 months then I'm in. I've even created a new verb for my spring fever, "springing", which is the act of spending endless amounts of time pouring over the internet and magazines looking at brightly colored lawn furniture, margarita recipes, and garden designs. For instance, if our city ordinances would allow it, I would order one of these:

That's right. It's a little egg shaped chicken coop where I could cultivate my own little flock for fresh eggs. These are not the thoughts of someone who is getting enough Vitamin D in her life. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know from first hand experience that your Great-Great Grandmother Icey Dora Brown "Mama" Casey, raised chickens for eggs and when they stopped laying Sunday dinner; so this need to herd chickens is in your DNA. Don't really see you beheading the foul or plucking feathers because that's where my fascination ended and that too is in your DNA.

dtc