Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Eight's the Magic Number



On Monday we celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary by working on the 5th & 6th counter-offers on the new house in Carmel (more on that later), eating leftovers for dinner, and doing the boys' laundry. I know, I know, the romance is almost sickening around here. Actually, Rob did surprise me with the beautiful bouquet pictured above, which was very sweet and very unexpected. He knows how much I like purple and he thought this would be different than your typical arrangement of roses, and I love that he put some thought into what to order. I find it hard to believe it has been EIGHT years, and yet I find it hard to believe it has ONLY been eight years.




On the homefront, we put a contract on a house in Carmel Saturday evening, and 8 (yes, count 'em folks, 8!) counter-offers later we finally reached an agreement. Whew! I thought buying a house would be the easy part. Our inspection was last Friday, and the buyer's realtor said it was the cleanest inspection report she had ever seen (which convinced us even further that our first inspector was a complete whack-job). So we finally have a rough date penciled in for our closings, July 13 (which is also a Friday - HA,HA,HA,HA,CHE,CHE,CHE,CHE) and now we're down to the dreaded details of packing all our belongings and moving them 130 miles north. Ugh, I can't even think about that right now. I'd much prefer to think about these 2 boys who couldn't possibly be any cuter playing in their $8 Wal-Mart baby pool. I'm starting to think maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket using only the number 8 since this seems to be the magic number this week.

1 comment:

Colleen S. said...

Happy Anniversary! I cannot wait to see the new house in person someday soon. I will have give you my parents info.


Love the boys in the pool.