Monday, June 30, 2008

Sushi for Beginners

I recently had an overwhelming craving for sushi, and seeing as how; a) I don't have anyone to go eat sushi with, and; b) I'm not nearly crazy enough to attempt to take all 3 of my kids to a sushi restaurant, I decided to try and make some myself. I bought a bamboo mat and nori (the seaweed outer wrap) at the grocery store and dug out an old article from Cooking Light that I had saved. I made these very basic California rolls with carrots, cucumber, and avocado, and they were pretty durn good. Next time I'll try to not get so heavy handed with the rice, but on the whole they were pretty easy and pretty tasty.

1 comment:

Mike and Chelsea said...

Hi! It is Chelsea Kunkel! I got your blog from Christina's page! I love it! I had to comment because I LOVE sushi! I have made it many times as well! If you ever need a Sushi date let me know! :-) We missed you last night!Can't wait to do it again and have you there!