Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cake is Good


Riley celebrated her first birthday on Sunday, and I think the most important lesson of any first birthday is that "cake is good". Riley was an excellent student. I made red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, and she inhaled about 3/4 of one and a half scoop of vanilla ice cream. She received so many cute gifts, and later that afternoon impressed us by taking the time to play with every new toy. The best was when she took the thermometer from the soft doctor's kit she received from Nannie & used it as a bottle to feed her new baby doll.
I made a little video in honor of her first birthday, but it's about 3 minutes long so I didn't want to take up the space posting it here, but if you're interested you can view it by clicking here. I know I say this every time one of the kids celebrates a birthday, but I can hardly believe another year has passed so quickly. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Riley! Happy 1st birthday! I wish I could have been there to celebrate it with you-but Aunt Jill has been in school for most of her 20's and is now almost 31 and she's trying to get her degree already!!! So she decided to take 18 hrs this semester and it is kicking her butt! I will hopefuly be able to celebrate Bday # 2 with you though, as this time next year I will be student teaching. I hope you enjoy playing with your teapot. Next time I visit we'll have a tea party:) I love you and will see you soon- give your brothers kisses and hugs for me