Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Back Again

Connor & Riley started preschool last week. Connor is a big man on campus this year in the pre-k class, and Riley continues the family tradition of attending the 2's class with Ms. Sylvia. Even though these two are the closest in age out of the three kids, they aren't terribly close (perhaps Riley still remembers how he welcomed her home from the hospital) so this photo just kills me. And when I dropped them off, Riley practically jumped out of the van without a single tear (also an Alderman child tradition) and Connor cried out, "Wait, I'm supposed to hold her hand!" They had a terrific first day, even though Riley insisted on calling Ms. Sylvia "Grandma" and even though Connor gave me a minor heart attack when he grabbed my keys and went out to the garage and started the van while I was getting Riley ready to go. I loved his enthusiasm, but I'm now storing my keys in a higher location.

1 comment:

tiffany said...

That photo is absolutely PRECIOUS! I love how Riley is looking up at him so adoringly. Glad they're enjoying pre-school!