Monday, March 07, 2011

Remember this? We always assumed Connor inherited his crazy thick hair with crazy cowlicks from Rob, since (contrary to current conditions) Rob also had crazy thick hair as a kid. But now, well evidence suggests that maybe it came from me.
My hair has grown back in crazy thick with all kinds of crazy cowlicks.  All these years I've had thick wavy hair lying dormant under my skull while I fought my super fine stick straight tresses! I had heard from lots of sources that after chemo your hair could come back in totally different than before, but I didn't really believe that would happen to me because my hair had always been so STRAIGHT and so THIN. And as I've suspected for all these years, those of you with thick hair do have it better! It is so much easier to style, even with the weird cowlicks. And another added bonus is that I can run my fingers through it and instantly do a mean Charlie Sheen impression - WINNING!! I'm also still enjoying having it short, although the males in the house would prefer that I grow it back out long, and soon. What is it with guys and long hair? It must be encoded in the DNA because even my 4 year old prefers it long. I've also heard that as your hair continues to grow out it will eventually return to it's original texture, so I've decided to enjoy wearing it short & funky while I can. And even on a bad hair do, I remind myself that it is WAY better than a no-hair day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take it from your oldest admirer, I love your short hair.

Dad