Monday, February 06, 2006

Throwback


I know that "throwback jerseys" (detailed reproductions of jerseys worn by your favorite players of the past) are pretty popular right now - just scan the crowd at any NFL or NBA game and you'll see a good portion of the crowd sporting them. So Casey was right in fashion last night at the neighbor's Super Bowl party when he wore an AUTHENTIC "Mean" Joe Greene 75 jersey. This shirt actually belonged to me, and (inexplicably) was for a time my most favorite thing to wear. My Mom was able to hang on to it through all our moves and it's in incredible condition after 25 years. Just so you know, the adult-sized #75 jerseys go for $325 on Mitchell & Ness' website!

He's a funny kid about this kind of stuff. He reacted the same way when I put the jersey on him last night as he does when he wears his #18 Manning jersey - he seems to know he's wearing something a little special and it adds a little strut to his step. When he opened the Manning jersey from Nannie & Grandaddy on Christmas morning, he immediately wanted to put it on. Same thing last week when we went shopping for new shoes. I strapped the new ones to his feet and set him down to check the size, and he took off running through the store and refused to let me take them back off - he insisted on wearing them out of the store (thankfully they fit!). Perhaps he's just taken after his mother when it comes to new clothes - I've been known to get a little excited about a new pair of shoes myself.

No comments: