Friday, March 10, 2006

They're Baaaack!



So, how long has it been since we've had a new episode of The Sopranos? Sixteen months? Twenty months? Twelve years? At this rate, we will not have to worry about the main characters offing each other - they'll just be too damn old to hold a gun anymore. But I can't lie and say I'm not excited about the new (and reportedly final season). Of course, David Chase and HBO are dead set (no pun intended) on torturing fans by dragging this season out (12 episodes begining this Sunday, then the final 8 air in early 2007), but if you've watched from the begining like I have, then you're a glutton for punishment anyway. So Sunday at 9 I'll be glued to the set even though part of me is still ticked that it takes 21 months to get new epsiodes on the air. I hear that the last few minutes of episode 1 contains an old-school Sopranos shocker for the ages. No matter what happens, you know this ain't ending well, and I guess that's why we keep coming back for more.

No comments: