Friday, March 16, 2007

Erin Go Braugh



You'd expect a girl with "Erin" as her middle name to be up on all the St. Patrick's Day celebrations, and although I've unofficially celebrated Green Beer Day a few times with my friends, I had no idea that an actual celebration existed. Those clever students at Miami University of Ohio created "Green Beer Day" (some say the tradition was started in 1952), celebrated every Thursday before St. Pat's day to help kick off their spring break. Bars in the small college town of Oxford open at 5:30am so that patrons can enjoy a full day of green beer before students head out of town on Friday (with, one could assume, the largest annual collective hangover on record). Here's the link if you don't believe me: www.greenbeerday.com. Apparently, the administration of Miami highly disapproves of GBD, which seems to strengthen it's appeal to students. Go figure.




I'm hoping to partake in some sort of St. Patty's celebration tommorow as Kathy and Courtney will be in town to run the City Run. The mastitis I've been battling this week made the decision for me not to join them, but I still hope to toast their successes at some point. And I'll have to dig out the "'Tis Himself" T and see if it fits either of the boys, as that has become tradition in our house.


2 comments:

Colleen S. said...

I love the outfit! Is that Casey or Connor?

Also, I remember Ben Koth talking about GBD. He went to Miami of Ohio. When I visited in the summer there was not much going on, but it looked like a neat school!

Jen said...

It's hard to tell the difference sometimes, but that is actually Casey on his first St. Pats, so he was about 7.5 months old.