Monday, March 26, 2007

Stressed Out

All this moving business has me stressed to the max. Seriously stressed. Drinking-vodka-from-the-bottle-at-1-in-the-afternoon-in-my-closet kinda' stressed. Between all the showings last week (8 total) and driving to Indy on Saturday to look at houses (and realizing that we were going to have to spend more than we wanted to) and the crappy offer we received on our house Sunday, Momma is VERY close to the end of her rope. I was laying in bed last night internally debating about whether or not to go out today and buy annuals to plant out front to help with "curb appeal", and also considering performing a little voodoo Catholicism by burying a St. Joseph statue upside down in the backyard (family folklore swears by this method to help you sell your house) when I realized that this whole process is quickly making me a crazy person.


So I've decided I need 2 things to help bring me back to a peaceful, tranquil state (ha!):


1) A pedicure, because my toes were not prepared for this unseasonably warm weather we are having, and looking at their shaggy condition makes me sad;

2) This new bubble machine, because Casey LOVES bubble machines (who doesn't?!?) and this one is the mack-daddy - it blows bubbles inside giant bubbles!


I'm pretty sure that playing outside with our new awesome bubble machine while staring at my perfectly manicured toes will make me feel much, much better, regardless of whether or not St. Joe is out there with us.

1 comment:

Colleen S. said...

I know how stressful it is to sell a house and with two kiddo's! I hope things come through for you all soon.