Monday, July 09, 2007

Winner

I very rarely enter contests, because I have so rarely ever won anything. But last week this company, Blu Domain, that designs websites for professional photographers (I have been lusting after their designs for quite some time) was celebrating their anniversary by hosting a bunch of photo contests. Late last Friday I entered one, and could hardly believe my eyes when I checked their blog this morning to find that I had won! My prize is a free website design, and a discount on a year of hosting. According to the post on their site, they had over 500 entries for this contest and picked just three winners! Here's a link to check out my goods if you're interested:http://76.163.83.176/blog.cfm?catID=4. The image I submitted isn't a new one, but it's a goodie and it was an amazing boost to my self-esteem to be chosen. I can't wait to get the new site up and running - I will be completely revamping the entire look of Jennifer Alderman Photography. Stay tuned for links to the new site when it goes online, and beware that the current site will probably go offline starting tomorrow.

3 comments:

Christa said...

So awesome Jen! Can't wait to see the new and improved site. I wish I new more about photography to really appreciate all your hard work.

Monnica said...

Congratulations, Jen!!! You've always been able to incorporate your dramatic and artistic talents into your photography, which is truly a gift. You go, girl!

Jen said...

Aw, thanks for the love guys! I am so excited about the new site - it will have so many features that I never could have achieved with my limited knowledge of html. It will have an interactive calendar so clients can see when I'm available, each client will have their own passworded portfolio slideshow where they can pick the prints they like, chose the sizes, and order right from the site. Plus music & galleries - it will so kick my old site's ass!