Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Gone to the Dark Side


What is that thing parked in my driveway? Surely, it can't be a minivan (it is, and don't call me Shirley - just for you Court). And if it is a minivan, it most certainly can not belong to me. Because I said I would never own a minivan. Never ever ever ever ever. In my group of girlfriends, we affectionately refer to the purchase of a minivan as "crossing over to the dark side", and indeed I have done just that. Last week we bought a new 2007 Nissan Quest, and the worst part of it is, I love it.


It was hard to drive away from the car lot and wave goodbye to the X-terra, which I had loved so dearly for so long. But the simple truth is we had outgrown the X-terra. We needed a vehicle that would accomodate 3 car seats, and the X-terra couldn't hack it. Are you silently doing the math in your head and trying to figure out why the car needs to hold 3 car seats when I only have 2 children? I'll give you 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count.


Yep, another Alderman is on the way. We found out the Tuesday of moving week that I am expecting again, and let me tell you, it added a whole new dimension to the move! I'm due at the end of February, and we are very excited about adding another member to the family. It will be total chaos around here, but I have been assured there is something freeing in that chaos, and so I am taking some comfort in that.


So, other than that, there's not a whole lot going on around here - ha! I have been enjoying the tomato plants that the previous owners left behind, and I even had a chance to make some tomato sauce last night...mmmm, so good.

No comments: