Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Waiting is the Hardest Part

There comes a point in every pregnancy when waiting on your new arrival becomes slow torture. I don't mean that in a, "Good Lord, will this thing ever be over??!!" way, although with all the ailments associated with the third trimester (plus all the complications I like to toss in there for good measure) there is a smidgen of those feelings. I find the torture is more about not being able to wait anymore to meet the little person who has been taking up residence in my body for so long. Is it a boy or girl? Will the baby look like me or Rob? Will it look like it's brothers? Will the baby be a good sleeper or a cranky mess (more importantly - will I be a cranky mess once it arrives??!!)? At 34 weeks, I have definitely reached this point. One of my girlfriends once commented that pregnancy lasts about a month too long, and since my kids typically come a month early I guess I should be in good shape, but this waiting is killing me all the same. Just three weeks to go...
I set up a little session this morning with Casey and these were the best of the bunch. I would love some with Connor as well, but at 16 months trying to handle him and an expensive camera on a tripod and get some decent photos is really asking too much. But since Casey showed up around 34 weeks, I guess it is fitting that we took these, just the two of us together. I know he's tired of the waiting game as well, this morning he asked, "But when is Baby Shiny going to be here? Will it be soon??". Soon enough, bud, soon enough.

No comments: