Thursday, May 01, 2008

All Dressed Up

I found this pattern for a baby dress on the internet and had some scraps left over from another project, so I decided to give it a go. Thanks to the assistance of Mom's sewing machine (which I am currently borrowing to make some projects for Riley's room) it was pretty easy to put together and I had the bulk of it done during a nap time. Some of the detail is obscured by her extra chins, but really, how cute is she? I love this chubby baby stage - probably the only time in your life when someone can remark, "Look at those fat little legs!" and mean it as a compliment.

I'm telling you folks, this little girl stuff is alot of fun. You know, when she's not screaming or nursing endlessly or driving me insane from sleep deprivation. And even when she's doing all those things she is completely adorable and I continue be smitten with her - especially when she's wearing a pink dress.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How adorable is that!? Baby Shiney is absolutely precious! Very darling dress-wish I could sew! Didn't get the sewing genes from my mother-that's for sure!
I've been surfing through your blog site-and I think it's great. You should start your own column or something! Really. It's been fun to read and see pics of my ADORABLE nephews and new baby niece- who I can't wait to meet!
Life here has been pretty hectic. Finals week. Can't wait to get yet another semester over with. Corie is great. Doing wonderful in school and continuing to make her mom so proud. Her dance recital (4th one) is in a few weeks- and she is becoming quite the dancer! I can't wait to see the routines! She has 2 numbers with her class this year and they are also in the finale this year.
Tell everyone Aunt Jill and Corie send their love- and keep those blogs coming!

Colleen S. said...

She is beautiful!