Thursday, May 08, 2008

Fabric Finally and More Patience, Please

The fabric for Baby Shiny's room that I have been patiently waiting on finally arrived yesterday. OK, maybe not so much "patiently waiting" as much as boring every poor soul in earshot about the saga of my missing nursery fabric and how UPS was engaged in a great conspiracy against me. I ordered the fabric from ebay, but PayPal (also involved in the great conspiracy against me) sent the seller the wrong shipping address, and the fabric was delivered to our old house in Louisville, and then UPS sent it back to New York before they accepted the interception request and finally sent it on to me. I'm sure after reading this abbreviated version you are so wishing you had been within earshot to receive the daily updates of the saga over the past two and a half weeks - "Yesterday it was in Lexington, but today it's in Parsipanny, NJ!". Fascinating.

Anywhoo, I'm all ready to get going on the window treatments, painting, and other assorted projects I have planned for the very girly nursery for my very girly little girl (which virtually guarantees that she will be a hard-core tomboy). All of this on top of the basement finishing project scheduled to begin next week, and landscaping also on tap for next week. I think all this distraction is actually good for me because it allows me to forget how tired I am. At 3:30am this morning while nursing Riley for what seemed like the 100th time of the night, I calculated that I have spent 45 of the past 48 months either pregnant or nursing. Yikes! No wonder there are days I walk around here like a giant raw nerve with a ponytail, snapping at anyone in my path and not acting at all like the Patient Mom I strive to be, forcing Casey to ask, "Mommy, why are you so fusterated?". I want to be all zen and calm and constantly nurturing, but there are days where having spent the vast majority of the past 4 years attached to a little person takes it's toll on me, and in my weakened state I give in to the overwhelming desire to just be grumpy.

Patience, or lack thereof, seems to be a common theme around here lately. I suppose that is what I should ask for as my Mother's Day gift. More patience. And maybe a nap.

No comments: