Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Morning Coffee 2.0

The fact that I love (and also survive by drinking) a good cup of coffee in the morning is no secret - the title of this blog is not a random choice. And a special treat for myself is to occasionally stop by Starbucks on the way to dropping Casey off at preschool and order a grande non-fat latte with a packet of Splenda. Ahhh, the modern Mom's answer to Calgon ("Starbucks, take me away!"). So to make my indugence a little extra special I made myself a cup sleeve out of some of the leftover fabric from Riley's room. I made a few of these as gifts for Christmas, but hadn't gotten around to making one for myself until now. I even jazzed mine up by hand embroidering my initial, as machine embroidery still confuses and confounds me (although I've had my eye on this bad-boy that I think would help). I suppose this is also a "green" project as it probably saves .000001% of a tree by me not taking the sleeve that Starbucks provides. See, I am environmentally friendly. Yay, me.


No comments: