Monday, April 13, 2009

The Master

I am recovering this morning from our "staycation" - last week was Spring Break and we didn't travel, but managed to pack the week full of activities. The Children's Museum, zoo, baking cookies, seeing Monsters vs. Aliens, and dying eggs were all on the agenda. Whew. We had alot of fun but I'm glad to get back into our normal routine this week. Yesterday was also a busy day, what with the Easter bunny and a packed church and cooking a big lunch, but the weather was beautiful and a nice way to cap off a great week. After watching a few minutes of The Masters with me yesterday afternoon, Casey was inspired to head outside with his golf clubs to practice his swing. The swing needs some work, but he's already a master at the fine art of celebrating. After every shot he gives us a fist pump (ala Tiger) and also rolls around on the ground cheering for himself. I'm pretty sure they would frown on that behavior at Augusta National, but around here we think it's pretty funny.

I so badly wanted Kenny Perry to win. I have always liked him and I love the whole "elderly father on the golf course in overalls" thing. I was broken hearted for him that the shots went down the way they did on the last 4 holes, especially after a week full of brilliant play. Oh well, I guess coming in second at The Masters is as good a way to enter the Senior tour as any (except maybe winning The Masters, but I like him too much to bag on him). 

No comments: