Thursday, February 25, 2010

Chalk One Up



The kids' favorite activity right now is drawing, and Casey alone could color through an entire pad of paper in a day if we let him. Inspired by the kitchen of Connor's teacher Susan, Rob suggested we paint the wall previously occupied by a high chair with chalkboard paint. Rob added trim around the edges today to finish it off, and the kids love it. They think it is pretty cool to color on the wall, and it offers an alternative to the massive amounts of paper they've been going through. I love that it keeps all three of them occupied while I'm getting meals together in the kitchen, and it is a great place for me to write quick notes about meetings, reminders, etc. I'm looking forward to all the little masterpieces they'll leave for me here.

3 comments:

Ker said...

Jen, I learned of your blog from Paul and Nancy. They have been part of my huge support system thru my battle w/ Pulmonary Fibrosis and resulting bilateral lung transplant (age 38, 12/08, in Indy). As soon as I read your posts I felt a connection. I just logged back on and found your haircut clip, it shouts volumes about you, your attitude and your family. I loved it. When I no longer had the breath to hold my arms up to wash my long hair, I had it cut for Locks of Love. When my post transplant anti rejection meds made it start falling out it was another blow, but it has recently gotten better. I just wanted to let you know your tale has touched me, your family impressed me (just as mine did) and to say you have yet another person cheering you on. I've realized we all have struggles, it's how you face them that counts. My best to you, Kerry

Courtney said...

Fun! I just bought some chalkboard paint recently! Am trying to decide where to put it! :)

Lisa B. said...

I had a friend paint a mural in my boys room years ago, and the "road" on it is in chalkboard paint. My intention was to let them draw their own cars and trucks on it, but I still to this day haven't told them it is chalkboard paint! Now I feel bad! :)