Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring Clicking

On days when I'm not feeling so hot from the chemo, I like to click around on web and do a little virtual retail therapy. Fortunately, I generally utilize quite a bit of "virtual will power" by not purchasing anything, but for some reason just looking around at all the cool things out there makes me feel a little better. And I don't have to take off my PJs or put on my wig to go look at them. Here's a few things that I've been doing some spring clicking on lately:



1. This camera bag that doesn't look like a camera bag from epiphanie bags. It is big enough to hold my camera body, lenses, flash, and assorted gear, but it doesn't scream "I carrying all my expensive camera gear in here!". Plus, the aqua color goes perfectly with the branding colors for my photography business.

2. Um, these are CROCS. And they're cute, and probably very comfy, and probably wouldn't make my feet look like giant life rafts, like the traditional Crocs do.

3. Ah, Anthopologie, how you taunt me. Such cute things, such ridiculous prices. Actually, the price for this necklace is pretty reasonable, but the problem is I can't decide between the turquoise and coral versions, and buying two kinda' blows the whole "reasonable" angle.

4. Thank you for all the votes you have submitted for the Oaks Survivor's Parade. My numbers look really good and there's a pretty good chance I'll get to go! Of course, if you're going to the Oaks you have to have a fabulous hat. I love the ones made by Del Mar Hats, but the price tags have me thinking I'll just make the loaner from my mom work.

5. There is no shortage of Star Wars toys and collectables in our house, and yet I'm having trouble fighting the urge to add to the collection by making each of these little guys from the patterns sold by Lucy Ravenscar on etsy.

So there you have it, a glimpse into how I amuse myself while trying to not think about puking. And as long as I keep from clicking the "purchase" button, I figure there's no harm in a little continued spring clicking.

No comments: