Saturday, April 03, 2010

This Bow Was Made for Walking

Before I get into the real subject of this post, let me first describe the horrible thing that happened this morning. The power went out! For almost 2 hours! BEFORE I MADE A CUP OF COFFEE!!!! For a minute I played it cool, thinking, "No biggie. I'll load the kids up and hit the Starbucks drive-through", but then I realized WHEN THE ELECTRICITY IS OUT I CAN'T GET THE VAN OUT OF THE GARAGE! Oh, the humanity! I was moments away from bribing my neighbor whose van was in his driveway to take us somewhere, anywhere, that had hot coffee. Thankfully, the power came back on before I could offer to give him one of our children in exchange for a ride to McDonalds.



Now, back to the post. A few weeks ago I took to the internet in search of a monogrammed hair bow for Riley (why I decided she MUST have one I don't know, but anywhoo). The problem with most of them I found was that they were too big and heavy for her fine hair. But then I found Sweet & Sassy Gifts on etsy, and problem solved. Sweet & Sassy offers smaller bows mounted on alligator clips, which are the perfect size for Riley. I was so impressed with the quality of the bow and monogram, and then I got to thinking how much I'd like to have a breast cancer pink ribbon bow for Riley to wear at the Race for the Cure walk. I contacted Sweet & Sassy, and the ladies were so sweet to create this ribbon & send it to me.



How cute is that? It's exactly what I wanted, and it looks adorable on her.



They have so many cute things in their shop, and if you're heading to Disney with your little girl you should check out this bow - it's too sweet. Now I just have to work on getting her to keep a bow in her hair for more than 10 minutes, and I'll be in business.

No comments: