Thursday, June 10, 2010

Last Call


Finally, finally, finally I received my last chemo treatment today. My last cocktail hour at the Springmill Oncology Clinic, and I couldn't be happier. It is a bit of a mix of emotions right now, but mostly relief. I feel like an 800 pound gorilla is off my back. 

I have always told Rob that if I ever own a bar I will play "Closing Time" by Semisonic every night at last call, and my own personal "last call" today got me thinking about that song.

Closing time - time for you to go out, go out into the world.
Closing time - turn the lights up over every boy and every girl.
Closing time - one last call for alcohol, so finish your whiskey or beer.
Closing time - you don't have to go home but you can't stay here.

I know who I want to take me home.
I know who I want to take me home.
I know who I want to take me home.
Take me home...

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or you sisters
come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found
a
friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning'send.

Yeah, I know who I want to take me home.
I know who I want to take me home.
I know who I want to take me home.
Take me home...

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from...

I know who I want to take me home.
I know who I want to take me home.
I know who I want to take me home.
Take me home...

Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end... 

How appropriate. Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end. I'm ready.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Been thinking of you all day and said prayers at specific times this morning...then got your text! Yes! Yes! I got chills and got teary eyed for you...so I can only imagine the emotions you must have and must be experiencing! :) WAAAHHOOO! Closing time is right! Who knows what's around some corner where it's been waitin to meet you?! Good things. Good times.

Monnica said...

So glad this portion of your journey is closing, Jen. Stay strong, my amazing warrior friend!