Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Satisfied


Did you know Snickers has a limited edition dark chocolate version? Me either, and let me tell you it totally validated a trip to Wal-Mart over the weekend when I discovered it in the check-out lane. It was like a little bit of chocolaty heaven, and it made me wish every candy maker out there would dip their most popular bars in dark chocolate. Just imagine - 3 Musketeers, Reese's, Butterfinger - all in dark chocolate! I plan on hunting down a stash of these Snickers and paying homage to my late Nana Casey by hiding them at the top of my closet and enjoying them only after the rest of the family has gone to bed. Mmmmm....



And look! I have roses in my backyard. I know next to nothing about caring for roses, so I'm going to have to coax Mom back up here to help me out.


We had our first Parent's Meeting for Casey's new preschool last night, and I'm not sure who is more excited about preschool, Casey or me. I ordered him his first official backpack from L.L. Bean this morning because I am convinced that the Bean backpacks can survive a nuclear holocaust and that he'll probably be able to use it as a diaper bag for his first born child. I have to admit there is something so incredibly satisfying about back-to-school shopping and I am totally living vicariously through Casey while stocking up on socks, jeans, new tennis shoes, construction paper, tissues, and all the other preschool essentials. His classroom is decorated in a frog theme and I already love his teacher, and I can't wait for him to meet her and his classmates. I keep singing the song from "Billy Madison":


"Back to school, back to school.


Gotta' show Dad that I'm no fool."

No comments: