Friday, January 02, 2009

Fun Is Bowling

There is a bowling alley across the street from Mall St. Mathews in Louisville that has a big sign out front declaring "Fun Is Bowling!". I've always been fascinated by that sign, it's such a definitive statement, like it's commanding you have a good time while bowling in case you were maybe thinking "Fun is NOT Bowling!". Personally, I've always been a bit more "Fun is Drinking Beer While You Watch Football!" or "Fun is Not Having to Wear Weird Shoes and Stick Your Fingers in Dirty Bowling Balls!". Anyway, now anytime I think about bowling I think of that sign and that bowling alley, and so I was thinking about it today as we loaded the kids up and headed over to a local bowling alley. I bought a package of games at the Mom's Club auction this fall and wrapped them up for Rob at Christmas because he's mentioned frequently that maybe it would be something fun to do as a family. And you know what, fun is bowling! We actually had a really good time, even though we're all pretty pitiful bowlers. The alley had the lanes set up with bumpers for the kids, and they have these ramp contraptions that the kids can roll their balls down instead of having to roll them by themselves. Casey & I tied the last game with a 78, Connor rolled a very respectful 105, and Rob beat us all with a 130.  

No comments: