Sunday, March 08, 2009

The Close Talker

If you have the good fortune of having a conversation with Connor, most likely it will be held from the vantage point of the above photo. Connor, like the immortal "Seinfeld" character, is a close talker. Now that he knows how to talk, he starts as soon as his eyes open in the morning and doesn't stop until they shut at night. He seems to think everything he has to say is of great importance, and therefor he must say it right into your face. For example, this is the conversation I had with him yesterday while sitting on the couch. Keep in mind all of this was said nose-to-nose:

Connor: "Emember when that pider was in da basement?"

Me: "Yes, I remember when that spider was in the basement."

Connor: "And emember I  took da runny nose and ut da pider in da potty?"

Me: "Yes, I remember when you took a tissue and put the spider in the potty."

Connor: "Yah."

My days are filled with conversations just like that. I think it's a combination of a small miracle and him being so damn cute that I still manage to cling to shreds of my sanity. 

No comments: