Friday, March 06, 2009

I Feel The Need, The Need for Spring (Spring Fever, Day 3)

All this wishing for warmer weather has paid finally paid off. It was a blustery 55 degrees yesterday, so the kids were able to play outside and I fired up the grill last night for the first time this year. Rob & I enjoyed a cold beer with our delicious grilled pork chops, and so it seems that all that's left on my list is some tan legs. 

We have no beach vacations planned, and I promised my friend David that I would never go to a tanning bed. Hmm, maybe if I was still living in Louisville I'd treat myself to the Sunless Tan Treatment at Josephs. Or maybe I could spend about the same and get this cute flower ring from Stella & Dot, and it would make me feel like I had a natural glow. I need a new swimsuit, maybe if I get this cute pink one from J. Crew I could slather myself with self-tanner, put on a Jimmy Buffett CD and pour a margarita and pretend I'm at the beach.
 Sigh. The truth is I don't really have the disposable income to invest in any of these options. See, if Obama would just send a tiny portion of that stimulus money directly to me I could really do some good for this economy!

No comments: