Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Starving Artist

I wrote a few weeks back about the cool kid's artist trading card swap that was being organized by some other bloggers, and Casey finally received his last art card in the mail yesterday. I doubt any of these budding artists are actually "starving", but they are all certainly creative. Casey received cards created with a variety of mediums, from pencil to watercolor to marker. I bought him a special set of kid's oil pastels for him to use in decorating his cards, and I was very proud of his vibrant creations. He was matched with a group of 5 other 4 1/2 yr-olds from all over the country, and yet 3 of the 5 he received were the "artist's" interpretation of Lightening McQueen from the Cars movie. I made this map for him on Google Maps so he could see where all his cards came from, and he thought it was pretty cool.
I'd like to somehow put them all together in a frame so that he can display them in his room, and if I get around to that I'll post the results. 

No comments: